|Ruins of the covered bridge|
It also contained the Tiffany Chapel which was housed in a separate building that was shown in the Columbian Exposition of 1893.
In 1915, Tiffany opened a small school on the grounds of the estate, In 1918 he began the Louis Comfort Tiffany Foundation as a summer retreat for artists and craftspeople.
Tiffany died in 1933, but the Foundation continued to function until 1946 when the estate was sold. It was abandoned soon after and fell into disrepair. Laurelton Hall burned to the ground in 1957, but many of the original pieces were salvaged by owners of the Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art in Winter Park, Florida. In 2010, a new exhibit was built to display the remaining artifacts of the estate. The loggia Laurelton Hall is still on exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York.
There are lots of links including black and white photos of Laurelton Hall in 1924.
Old Long Island with pictures of the Laurelton Hall estate
Article in the St. Petersburg Times
The Louis Comfort Tiffany Foundation
The Morse Museum Collection with more on Laurelton Hall and Tiffany. Contains history and black and white photos.
Wikipedia article on Louis Comfort Tiffany
Laurelton Hall Loggia a new site that is still under construction. Gives a bit of the history and shows more black and white photos.